1. Type of Personal information that we may collect from you:
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- County & Country
- Symptoms and Medical diagnosis
2. How we obtain/collect the above personal data:
- From you over the phone
- From you via text message
- Via our social media channels incl. Facebook & Instagram
- Face to face in clinic
- via Skype video calls
- In writing from you (postal and email)
- Via our Chat Now: name, email address & phone
- Via our Contact Page: name, email address, phone and if you choose to enter, your county, country, symptoms and medical diagnosis
- Via our website: your IP Address, browser’s user agent, and referring address
- When an appointment payment is made via card, the cardholders name may sometimes appear on the card receipt slip automatically. However, full the card number is always automatically hidden. Full card numbers are never held electronically or otherwise by us.
Our website may contain some links to other Internet websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including such sites’ use of any personal information.
3. The reason why we collect and retain your personal data and how we use it:
The details you provide are used solely for the purpose that you have intended it for – General query, appointment booking, treatments and to allow us to respond to your information requests and enquiries.
4. Storage of your personal information:
We only collect the minimum amount of personal data necessary to respond to queries and provide treatment.
We follow generally accepted standards to securely store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored.
Please be aware it is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the content of their emails/messages is within the bounds of the law.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure so while we strive to protect your personal information, Matthew Lennon Healer cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems as per GDPR guidelines.
5. How long we keep your personal information:
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
- Guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
- Legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time; for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
- Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
6. Do we ever share with third parties and on what basis might we do so?
No, we do not share your information with third parties.
7. How to exercise your Data Protection rights:
If you would like to make a data access request (which is free of charge) you may contact our Data Protection Officer by the following means:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: (087) 127 2323
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Data Protection Commission. Complaints to the Commission should be made in writing and addressed to: email@example.com or
The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois. The Data Protection Commissioner also operates a helpdesk function, which is contactable at 0761 104 800 or LoCall 1890 252231
More information is also available on their website: www.dataprivacy.ie